Introduction to Atomic Physics
How we will deliver the course:
- Short movies, uploaded every second week
All movies will be stored on Google Drive under the link LINK
First movies: during the week with the 14th of October (and before 21st of October, as we wait for people being isolated)
Lecture 1: 1A-Introduction, 1B-Classical-model-of-atom, 1C-PostulatesQM-matter-stability
Lecture 2: 2A-Angular-Momentum, 2B-Spherical-Harmonics, 3B-Radial-Wave-Function
Further reading - look below
- On-line meetings: Every second Wednesday at 9:00
All meetings under the link: zoom
Meeting ID: 95056901137
Password: Ask lecturers
Next excersizes: November 4, November 25, December 9
Notes from meetings: Notes-1
- Online surveys
After movies and before excersizes take part in a quiz.
All quiz participants will be anonymous - we will gather only collective statistics.
We plan to add list of problems to solve here!
- Any ideas to improve teaching - write to us!
- Exam at the end
- Introduction to Kinetic Theory: First lecture of Richard Feynman https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/I_01.htm
- Laplace-Runge-Lentz vector: use Wikipedia :)
- Symmetries of classical and quantum model of an atom: Sean J. Weinberg "The SO(4) Symmetry of the Hydrogen Atom"
- Radiation of accelarating charged particle: . Giffiths "Introduction to electrodynamics", J. Jackson "Classical electrodynamics"
- Estimation of the time at which an electron would fall onto core: Look for instance here
- Introduction to quantum mechanics: J.J. Sakurai ,,Modern Quantum Mechanics"
J-L. Basdevant, J. Dalibard "Quantum Mechanics".... etc
- Angular Momentum: J-L. Basdevant, J. Dalibard "Quantum Mechanics", A.R. Edmonds "Angular Momentum in Quantum Mechanics"